You must have encountered many advertisements regarding anti-aging products and many revitalizing products that offer you to keep young and beautiful. Well these products work or not may very well be a myth, but if you want to lead a healthy longer life it is better to incorporate healthy habits, not for how the World sees you, but for your own self. Even at the age of 64, famous TV host and model from Argentina, Graciela Alfano has a flawless face and a sculpted body. When asked about her youthful appearance she said “it is the result of healthy lifestyle.”
As per a research, it has been found that most serious aging occurs at cellular level. Many of our lifestyle habits like nutrition, exercises, sleep and stress management enhance body’s ability to repair cellular damage that is inevitable as we grow older. Here are a few tips that can help you reverse the ticking clock:
- Eat well – A healthy balanced diet can boost your immune system and keeps you healthy. Stop eating junk food. You can totally indulge in healthy variety of food like lean meats, high nutrient fish, whole grains, fruits and veggies. Include food that are high in antioxidants and lean proteins encouraging healthy skin and shiny hair. Bid goodbye to smoking, alcohol or drugs. Drink adequate water.
- Exercise religiously – The American Heart and Stroke Foundation claims that it is vital to your overall health to make sure you get regular physical activity. It not only keeps you healthy but also decreases the risk of getting diabetes and heart related diseases. As per a study from National Cancer Society of National Institutes of Health, regular leisure time (i.e. 2.5 hours of moderate exercise or 1.25 hours of vigorous exercise/week for age group of 18-64 years) extends life by approximately 4.5 years. Adequate sleep is also important.
- Relaxation exercises – To ease out stress from life, try relaxation exercises. Psycho-neuro-endocrinology, meditation, yoga and other relaxation and deep breathing exercises reduce stress, clear mind, improve happiness, creativity and promote decision making, productivity and focus.
- Intimacy – Many researches have concluded that intimacy and longevity is related. A study published in British Medical Journal showed that greater level of intimacy has shown many physical and emotional benefits.
- Social life is important – As per Mayo clinic, solid friendship can reduce stress, increase happiness and improve self-confidence. Take time out of your busy schedules for friends and family.
- Have a proper sleep – Research by Psychiatrists at University of California states that people who do not get at least 6.5-7 hours of sleep each night live shorter lives.
Author of Creating Your Best Life, Caroline Adams Miller said “It is totally possible to rediscover that zest and optimism you felt when you were younger.” So, gear yourself up and be young again.